- "I'm happy to say that Roy just sold my boat! His market experience and professionalism in working with prospective buyers was unsurpassed. Also very impressed with the amount of time and effort he devoted to preparing my boat for showing. I highly recommend him as an honest, efficient and competent yacht broker."
Home Builder, Ski Instructor
- "We first met Roy in 1999 when he represented the seller on a boat we purchased. Despite the fact that we were not his customers, he assisted us with a number of items. Since then, Roy has represented us on three separate occasions - two sales and one purchase. All went well and we highly recommend him.”
Joe & Irene Maertens
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- "We're from Turkey and decided to make a trans-Atlantic crossing before selling our boat in the USA. We found Roy and several other brokers through an Internet search. After interviews, we chose Roy because we liked his approach, personality and help in arranging everything we needed in the USA - even before signing an agreement. He then sold our boat in just two months. The buyer was from Thailand and it was a complicated transaction but he treated all parties very well. We hope to work with Roy again when its time to buy our next boat."
Kemal & Nesrin Ayata
- "I had my big catamaran listed for sale with a Fort Lauderdale "catamaran brokerage" for over a year with no results. Then a friend introduced me to Roy at Venture Yacht Sales in Spring of 2015. His team professionally re-marketed the yacht and sold her in just a few months. Nice job Roy, thank you!"
August C. Schultes III
Chairman of the Board
A.C. Schultes, Inc.
Woodbury, New Jersey
- "Roy and I first met as fellow supporters of Miami's New World Symphony. I had my motor yacht for sale with another broker for over a year and did not have a single offer! Roy took over the listing in March. By contacting other brokers, he had it sold by the end of June. He became our family's yacht broker when my sister, Kiki, purchased her new Tiara motoryacht from him as well. He's now a trusted friend and we heartily recommend him to anyone in search of their dreamboat."
The Courtelis Company
Real Estate Development
- "Prior to purchasing my new boat, Roy sold my old one in a record time of three weeks. I then purchased my new boat from him and after construction, he oversaw its commissioning in Ft. Lauderdale. Roy was very helpful in locating the best suppliers and contractors in the area, some of whom I still use today. I am very happy with Roy and have recommended him to others on many occasions."
Robert L. Gerry
Risk Management Insurance Corp.
Fort Myers, FL
- "We bought our boat from Roy and he sold it for us 12 years later. During this time he was always helpful and supportive with any problems that arose. To sell the boat, he even arranged dockage, maintenance, and repairs of hurricane damage, since we lived 140 miles away. After we delivered our boat to Fort Lauderdale to be sold, he then drove us home!"
Eric S. & Lorna Horton
Satellite Beach, FL
- "I purchased my yacht through Roy in 2010. He presented the vessel honestly and accurately, pointing out both her positive and negative aspects. However, most remarkable was the help he offered after the sale - by arranging for dockage and referring me to quality people who tailored the yacht to my needs. I would certainly recommend Roy to any friend who's planning to buy or sell a yacht. "
Cieli Semiconductor, LLC
- "Roy, thanks so much for a fantastic buying experience. Blondie arrived in California in great shape due to quality preparation by your technicians prior to shipment. There was so much nice gear stashed aboard, that it took me two months to inventory and learn it all. But now - its all love. When I'm ready to move up, keep an eye out for me."
Jason A. Campagna, MD
Santa Barbara, CA
- "Before buying my yacht, I interviewed several US brokers... because I live in Perth, Australia. I'm happy to say I chose the right one. Roy's service and knowledge were outstanding, plus he took extra time to explain the complex electronics on my new yacht. I liked that. After closing, his mates loaded it on a freighter in Fort Lauderdale for trans-Pacific delivery to Brisbane. For me, it was a no worries situation...thanks for a job well done."
Anton Kooimans Jewellery
- "I have worked with Roy on several boating projects. His in-depth knowledge, vast yachting experience and easy going personality are instrumental in achieving desired results. Way to go Roy!"
Captain Michal Macha
World Atlantic Airlines
- "Since this was our first passenger ship purchase, we approached it carefully. A colleague in Florida recommended Roy to us. He found us the right ship at a fair price. His technicians then performed a necessary refit, providing exemplary service throughout the process. In his business, I can and often do, recommend him without reservation."
Andrew Bell, Esq.
Los Angeles, CA
- "Roy made buying our boat fun and hassle free. My current boat is a great one and I appreciate all the time he took to get it just right. I bought my previous boat from him 10 years before and almost forgot how valuable he was in making it just as I wanted. It's wonderful to deal with someone of the highest integrity and who I can trust completely. Thanks also for structuring the sale of Liahona, so as to optimize her market value. Most of all, I appreciate all of the great service that he has rendered and continues to render. Best regards!"
Brent W. Lambert, MD
- "This is the fourth boat I've purchased through a yacht broker. Of those four, Roy Pinney at Venture Yacht Sales is the only one that will ever see my business again. The quality of work and personalized service were light years beyond what I previously experienced or expected. If you're thinking of buying a boat, Roy is the person you want to talk to."
AUTEC Torpedo Test Range
Andros Island, Bahamas
- "We lived in Texas when we first contacted Roy. He listened to our wants and then guided us to the right boat. He also showed us around Fort Lauderdale, where we bought a waterfront home - for the boat! Since then we've been friends and we can highly recommend him as an honest, "no BS" yacht broker with excellent market knowledge. For any questions about Roy, do not hesitate to contact us."
American Airlines Pilot
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- "Interesting purchase. This Nordhavn was located in Alaska, the seller in Canada, myself in California and Roy in Florida. He devoted an extraordinary amount of time and communication to put it all together. The sale was consummated quickly and efficiently, enabling us to enjoy the Summer cruising season in Southeast Alaska. Many thanks!
Lawrence P. Straight
Sterling Energy International
Capistrano Beach, CA
- "I've purchased two yachts from Roy. He was delightful to work with, a reservoir of information and provided the right technicians to have our new equipment installed. In addition, we appreciate the safe dockage he provided in Fort Lauderdale. Overall, my experience with Roy has been excellent and I now count him as a personal friend. We are presently enjoying our boat in Europe, thanks to Roy."
Harold Kernodle, MD